Digital professional display services are a great way to stay current in today’s fast-changing world. Regardless of your business or industry, digital displays give you the potential to share your message with a lot of people, quickly and simply.
Start with a Killer CTA
First, make sure you have a call-to-action or CTA. If you are not familiar with that term, it means giving your target audience a specific action or task to perform in order to learn more or express interest. CTAs are most often used in direct marketing emails. For example, if you are selling a product or service, a CTA could be “sign up for our blog to learn more” or “answer a few questions and get a free audiobook.”
The whole point of a CTA is to gather an email or contact information from a prospective customer. When it comes to digital signage, the medium might be different, but the premise is the same — compel the reader to engage.
Here are some tips and tricks on how to use a CTA to get the most out of your digital signage.
- Make your call-to-action easy to see. Don’t let it get buried in too much text or too many graphics,
- Be clear and precise. Use clean language, don’t try to be too clever. Think brevity.
- Be sure to keep your target audience in mind and write to them.
- Prioritize nouns and verbs over adjectives. There is a time and place for flowery language (romantic poetry), this is not it.
- Make the action easy to understand and complete.
- Focus on the benefits to your target audience.
- Use the CTA solve a common problem your customer has.
- Create a sense of urgency to encourage swift action.
- Offer something in return for the CTA, such as a free gift or discount.
And, don’t forget to track the response rate so that you know which CTAs are working. The ROI is critical to understanding which messages hit the mark and how to adjust future messages for better success. Have questions about how digital signage can help your business? Learn more here.